Specialist Network Designer (154532)
Specialist Network Designer (154532)
What you'll be doing:
- Prepare and deliver high quality (standard or custom) network designs (e.g.: HLD, MLD, LLD) and/or customer solutions according to the project scope and schedule, within budget. Regularly maintain overall solution documents as required. Regularly maintain overall solution documents as required.
- Define and agree the project scope, estimate the time, budget and resources required to support the deliverable.
- Collaboratively work with other designers, engineers to resolve design and implementation issues.
- Provide technical consultancy for large multinational customers and business partners.
- Work together and technically coordinate or supervise a global team of network designers.
- May lead a matrix (virtual) team of technical experts to deliver network design solutions and providing technical guidance to a larger matrix team.
- Be responsible for end-to-end technical solution.
- Act as a technical ambassador for the company.
This role will suit you if you have the following skills:
- Ability to meet the customers’ needs in line with the business requirements.
- Ability to explain and present difficult technical concepts to a variety of audience special focus on senior management.
- Ability to lead a team of network designers and take active part in their professional development
- Focusing on the objectives and the required outcomes of the processes while delivering a service.
- Working with a cooperative and positive attitude in a group setting to achieve common goals.
- Ability to build strong and reliable relationship with external customers (special focus on senior management level). Act as trusted partner or advisor for key stakeholders and decision makers of internal and external customers.
- Have excellent Customer facing and communication skills, as you will be working directly with external BT customers and partners.
- Analytical thinking and designer mindset
- Industry accreditation (e.g.: Cisco) at professional/expert level in ICT with special focus on Service provider or Enterprise networking or equivalent experience (WAN, LAN, Wi-Fi).
- Ability to interpret Customer needs, assess the full requirements, identify solutions to standard and non-standard requirements.
- Experience on pre-sales activities.
- Experience in creating high quality technical designs, Customer facing proposals and detailed cost models.
- Good commercial acumen and knowledge of commercial & financial processes.
- Experience in leading virtual teams in a global environment.
- Planning and implementations across a wider range of ICT Infrastructure elements (Security, WAN optimization, Load Balancing etc.) is an advantage.
- Knowledge of MPLS, MPLS VPN solutions (both L2 & L3).
- In depth knowledge of LAN technologies, such as stack, VSS, VPC, Nexus technologies
- In depth technologies of WLAN in Enterprise networks, such as WLC, anchor, BYOD, FlexConnect
- Thorough knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol Suite, VLSM, IP address allocation and RIPv2, EIGRP, OSPF and BGP routing protocols, Multicast protocols like PIM, SSM & IGRP
- Quality of Service for both LAN & WAN environments
- Technical competency should cover components such as routers, switches, routing protocols, multicast, QOS, network management platforms etc. This is not an exhaustive list but is intended to demonstrate the complexity and range of components that make up our network service Portfolio.
- Skills with diagnostic tools including ability to interpret and analyse output from network management systems, router and switch diagnostics
- English on a level
- Any European language on a conversational level is an advantage