The studio has been operating in Budapest for more than 8 years, and their goal is to develop casual and semi-casual games that bring relaxation and fun to millions of users on a daily basis. Until now they worked on games like Iron Man 3, City Mania, Disney Getaway Blast and Dragon Mania Legends. The latter is one of company's most successful projects, with well over 50 million downloads!
Senior Mobile Game Designer
What will you do here?
- This is a position requiring a mix of strong economy and marketing knowledge with passion for analytical game design and the emerging free-to-play business model.
- As a senior game designer your responsibility is to understand how a 'game as a service' works from a user standpoint, how do they behave in it, so you can provide constant recommendation on improving the service.
- To do this, pre-release, you’re able to improve the design of the main features a game will offer, define metrics that allow you to individually measure their impact in a given title, and work closely with the development team.
- Once the game is launched, you’re able to analyze the collected data and report which are the performing / underperforming aspects of the game, find the reasons of why, and then provide suggestions for further improvements / solutions to problems.
What are the qualifications I need for this position?
- At least 4 years of experience as a Game Designer (on the mobile game market)
- Deep, up-to-date knowledge of the free-to-play mobile market
- Ability to set up a game design architecture, create the backbone of a complete game in terms of game design, maintain product vision
- Strong sensitivity to gameplay and game design, understanding how to build needs and emotions in the context of a game
- Strong analytical and formal thinking, able to break problems down in their key variables and identify the relations between them
- Statistic knowledge, able to formulate ratios and indexes specific to each game, identifying specific weaknesses and strengths in its economy design
- Fluent written and spoken English, concise writing skills
- Good knowledge on the use of Excel
- Graduate degree in Economics or BA, preferably specialized in Marketing or Strategic direction
- Experience in community managing, marketing or product management
Why work for us?
- We are creating awesome games enjoyed by millions of players worldwide
- Our office is in the downtown area, Boráros Square. It is on the Pest side of the Petofi bridge, and can be easily reached by public transport
- We have a flexible work schedule that can fit in most of your requirements
- Good performance is always recognized, so if the game you're working on makes a profit, you will receive regular bonuses
- Never go to work on your birthday (you get extra leave for that day)
- We value health, which is why all our employees benefit from a private health insurance plan. This includes free access to an unlimited number of specialist appointments, an annual health screenings, as well as flu vaccinations
- Every summer we have a studio wide team building activity (we've been to paintball, quad, soap box, of course, we always have a goulash)
- Every year we organize several Game Jams where we take care of the food and drinks and you can just focus on having fun alongside your teammates
- Coffee, tea and fruits are always at your disposal
- We have an Employee Assistance Program (legal, financial, life management and mental health services)
- You'll also get a fitness pass which gives you access to all Life1 venues in the city