An exciting new opportunity as the editor of an international medical journal
As a senior member of this international medical journal you will be the driving force behind the editorial team and will be helping to produce the different titles in their portfolio as well as their pharmaceutical magazine. They are looking for an experienced scientific editor, who has the ability to grow editorial teams and products, as well as having their finger on the pulse of new medical innovations to be able to develop and execute new content strategies suitable for the journal's readership.
- Monitoring journal standards and implementing quality-control procedures
- Proofreading/ carrying out quality control of all content
- Identifying areas for improvement, establishing a training schedule and training team accordingly
- Continually developing and ensuring everyone uses the procedures and specifications
- Work with the Assistant Editor in managing the Editorial team
- Create and implement the content strategy for the wider brand with the Head of Publishing, and consider a paid-content plan
- Start thinking about additional journals that can be launched (Europe and USA)
- Be part of the company's senior management committee, and regularly share your department's successes, challenges, and opportunities.
- Medical science-related degree (Masters, PHD preferable but not essential)
- 4-6+ years' experience in medical/healthcare publishing
- Leadership skills
- Extremely motivated and dedicated with meticulous attention to detail
- A problem solver
- Excellent English language and communication skills both written and verbal
- Growth mindset - you always look at opportunities to grow, develop, and improve yourself and the team
- A digital publishing background is necessary, including experience using Editorial Manager for workflow.
- Experienced in creating and executing new content strategies and initiatives